Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Milk Oversupply - Generous Donor


by Abbie Yabot

I normally get calls and text messages on moms who need milk and moms who are willing to donate.  But never have I encountered a donor who was able to donate this much in just one pick up schedule.

Believe it or not,  she gave over 100 6-8 oz containers of milk.  When I asked the driver to pick it up, I sent two coolers,  one small one which we normally use to collect and transport breastmilk (normally can hold about 20-30 milk bags) and the other bigger one, just in case the donor has a lot of milk.  But I only expected either to be filled.  So when the driver returned and showed me this, I was happily shocked.  He even said that he wasn't even able to half the supply of this mom and asked him to bring a bigger cooler next time.  Whew!  Talk about lots of milk.

Around 20 moms and babies benefited from this donation alone.    I believe that one reason why this mom is blessed with an abundant supply is because she is a generous giver herself.  

Thank you very much!  You know who you are...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Wednesday! Bloghoppin' here... Hey, I have an interesting tutorial for you that I have written myself. It is about adding Adsense on your Single Post in XML template. I hope you'll like it! God Bless you!

BY NATURE said...

AMAZING! how i wish i had even half of that much milk when i was breastfeeding!